Posted by on 1/17/2020 to Finishes + Materials
Why Choose Stainless Steel? Stainless steel has unique qualities
It can self-repair!
Stainless steel has a naturally occurring layer that forms
on the surface by oxidization. This film is very thin (only a
few atoms thick), inert and invisible. If the surface is accidentally scratched, this protective coating automatically repairs itself. This layer is what makes it corrosion resistant.
Stainless steel is guaranteed quality composition.
All our stainless products are made of a specific grade (AISI 303 or 304) of stainless
steel, to ensure you are always getting the best of quality. Our products are made in Europe ensuring that you are consistently purchasing only the finest.
Stainless steel is an environmentally-friendly choice.
One of the most overlooked characteristics of Stainless Steel products is environmental sustainability. Steel is the most recycled material on the planet. According to the Steel Recycling Institute, one ton of recycled steel saves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone.
What is stainless steel?
Iron, nickel, molybdenum, and chromium give stainless steel its signature rich, shiny finish. When stainless steel is recycled and melted down, these valuable alloys are able to be extracted and reused with no degradation in performance from product to product. In fact, the vast majority of stainless steel is manufactured using previously recycled materials.
When selecting cabinetry hardware and accessories, only stainless steel offers 100% recyclability and superior corrosion resistance.
Stainless steel is both hygienic and aesthetically desirable.
Stainless steel is used in medical applications because of its easy to clean features
Stainless steel is strong, impact-resistant and a long-term investment.
Why Choose our Stainless Steel Hardware?
We offer the best in European quality for an affordable price. We have the most extensive range of product designs, size range and applications available in solid stainless steel.
How to Care for Stainless Steel
Keep Your Stainless Steel Looking New Forever!
As you handle the hardware, your natural oils give it a patina, which inhibits smudging.
Regular cleaning will avoid any stubborn dirt or corrosion from building up. Unlike other materials, it is impossible to wear out stainless steel by excessive cleaning.
Stainless Steel DOS:
- For light cleaning, no costly or pollutant chemicals needed. Wipe in the direction of the brushing with a sponge or soft cloth, using water with a very small amount of gentle detergent or vinegar added.
- If there are stubborn marks, baking soda may be added as an abrasive.
- For very stubborn marks, you can use a very fine nylon scrubbing pad (Scotch-Brite green scouring pad) and a commercially available stainless paste, making sure to wipe in the direction of the brushing. Try the paste on a hidden spot first.
Stainless Steel DON'TS
- Don't use steel or wire wool as it will leave fragments behind which can tarnish the surface.
- Don't rub against the brushing.
- Don't use bleach, chlorides or acid-based cleaning products which can discolor the surface.
- Don’t allow food items like lemon juice, vinegar, ketchup, salt, mustard, salad dressing or mayonnaise to remain on the surface for long. They can bleach the surface causing white spots. Should this happen, rub with a very fine nylon scrubbing pad (Scotch-Brite Green pad) and a commercially available stainless paste following the manufacturers instructions carefully. Try the paste in a hidden spot first.
- Don’t use hard abrasive cleaning scouring powders or creams not meant for stainless steel as they may scratch the surface.